Sony Handycam HDR-XR520V
Released March, 2009
The Pros:Picture in good lighting is very sharp and clear. Zoom range is very good and stays sharp when extended. Many hours of internal storage, likely won't need extra storage.
The Cons:Microphone sounds unnatural and hollow at times. Image stabilization isn't very strong, need to keep as steady as possible. In some shots the center is still and the left/right move around due to digital stabilization routine.
The Sony Handycam HDR-XR520V is a high definition camcorder from Sony's 2009 lineup. The camcorder features full 1080p high definition video recording, 12.1-megapixel still image capture, and an extra large built-in 240 GB hard drive to store up to 101 hours of high definition footage.
Loading latest prices from ProductWiki...
It is designed with a 3.2" Xtra Fine touch LCD screen and a back-illuminated Exmor R CMOS image sensor for increased sensitivity in low light settings. The HDR-XR520V includes a professional Sony G lens for 12x optical and 150x digital zoom. It utilizes advanced recording technology including Sony's SteadyShot image stabilization, Smile Shutter, and face detection technology. The HDR-XR520V also records audio in Dolby Digital 5.1 surround sound and has a built-in zoom microphone for realistic sound. The camcorder is a step up from Sony's HDR-XR500V since it has a hard drive that is double the size of the HDR-XR500V.
- Full 1920x1080 high-definition video recording
- 12.1-megapixel still image capture
- 3.2" Touch Xtra Fine LCD screen
- Built-in 240GB hard drive (up to 101 hrs)
- 1/2.88" ClearVid CMOS sensor with Exmor R technology
- Geotagging with built-in GPS receiver, map-index function
- Improved Optical Steady Shot with Active Mode stabilization
- Smile Shutter™ technology
- Face detection technology
- SteadyShot image stabilization
- Professional Quality Sony G lens
- 12x optical zoom/150x digital zoom
- Records in Dolby® Digital 5.1 surround sound with built-in zoom microphone
- HDMI output
User Reviews (1)
picture in good lighting is very sharp and clear
zoom range is very good and stays sharp when extended
many hours of internal storage, likely won't need extra storage
screen is big and easy to work with
microphone sounds unnatural and hollow at times
image stabilization isn't very strong, need to keep as steady as possible
in some shots the center is still and the left/right move around due to digital stabilization routine
low-light conditions show a lot of blue noise
You may also like...