The HMX-H105 is one step down from the premier model in the H-series of camcorders; it will offer a cheaper source for full HD quality video with an internal hard drive. The HMX-H105 will feature an integrated 32GB internal storage drive and also supports the use of an SD/SDHC memory card for video storage as well. Video will be compressed in the H.264 video format meaning users will be able to record up to six hours of video on the 32GB drive and up to three hours of additional HD video on a 16GB SDHC card.
Each unit in the H-series includes a Schneider Kreuznach Varioplan HD lens equipped with Optical Image Stabilization support to ensure the video remains smooth and free of the normal shaking patterns caused by human hands. The lens also provides a 10x optical zoom and a 37mm wide angle focal length; most average camcorders on the market offer in the range of 40-50mm. The HMX-105 H-series camcorder will also include additional features such as an HDMI output for full HD support and viewing on an HDTV, a swiveling 2.7" TFT LCD screen and an HD time lapse recording mode which allows users to pre-select a certain period of time for recording.
Currently the newly announced H-series looks to be a much higher-end lineup than the original HMX HD series of camcorders from Samsung, and are further set to offer a larger amount of features for a cheaper or equal price. No permanent price tag for the device has been set as of this time.
- High-end H-series full-HD camcorder
- Full 1080i/1080p video recording support in H.264 video format
- 32GB internal flash drive and SD-SDHC memory card support for storage
- Schneider Kreuznach Varioplan HD lens equipped with Optical Image Stabilization support
- 10x optical zoom and 37mm wide angle focal length
- Integrated HDMI output
- Swiveling 2.7" TFT LCD screen
- HD time lapse recording mode