Canon Elura 90
Released March, 2005
The Pros:Outputs files that work with most video editing software. Reasonably clear and sharp recording in daylight. Microphone is sensitive enough to catch all the sound in the area, doesn't miss much.
The Cons:A little complicated at first, need to spend some time reading the manual. A bit awkward control layout, often need to use both hands. Not capable of high definition video recording.
The Canon Elura 90 is a miniDV camcorder that is a part of Canon's line of Elura camcorders designed to be used for everday events, like a family vacation, a graduation or sporting events. This camera is simple to use and has several features to ensure a high video and photo quality, such as Canon's exclusive DIGIC DV image processor for accurate colors and Canon's advanced DV Photo Plus technology, which combines Genuine Canon Optics and a Mega Pixel CCD image sensor.
Loading latest prices from ProductWiki...
It is capable of recording in 16:9 widescreen with true high resolution from edge to edge, and can easily be switched between 4:3 and 16:9 mode. This model features a 20x opitical zoom lens, a 0.33" TFT viewfinder and a 2.5" LCD screen. It uses MiniDV cassettes which are capable of recording 80 minutes on SP or 120 minutes on LP and also features a USB 2.0 port and SD memory card slot. This model also has an advanced acessory shoe not seen on lower models which allows easy addition of a flash light, directional stereo microphone or video light. Other notable features include PictBridge compatiblity for easy photo printing, an included remote control and several faders and special effect options.
- Image Sensor: 1/4.5-inch CCD, approx. 1,330,000 pixels
- Effective pixels:
- tape: approx. 690,000 pixels (4:3)
- tape: approx. 920,000 pixels (16:9/Image Stabilizer Off)
- card: approx. 1,230,000 pixels
- Tape Format: Video cassettes bearing the DV mark
- Maximum Recording Time (with an 80-min. cassette): SP: 80 min., LP: 120 min.
- Lens: f=3.5-70mm, f/1.8-3.5, 20x power zoom
- Minimum Illumination: 1.8 lx (using the Night Mode)
- Recommended Illumination: More than 100 lx
- Filter Diameter: 34mm
- Viewfinder: 0.33-inch. TFT color, approx. 113,000 pixels
- LCD Screen: 2.5-inch. TFT color, approx. 123,000 pixels
- Dimensions: 2.8 x 3.1 x 5.2 in. (72 x 78 x 131mm) excluding protrusions
- Weight (not including lens and battery pack): 1.1 lbs. (500g)
User Reviews (1)
outputs files that work with most video editing software
reasonably clear and sharp recording in daylight
microphone is sensitive enough to catch all the sound in the area, doesn't miss much
battery life is reasonably long
a little complicated at first, need to spend some time reading the manual
a bit awkward control layout, often need to use both hands
not capable of high definition video recording
a bit out of date - has been replaced with cameras that shoot clearer video at a lower cost
You may also like...