Released January, 2007
The Pros:Can do some minor edits from the camcorder itself to take care of simple things. Easy to use, overall very intuitive design. Video comes in reasonably sharp and clear in most settings.
The Cons:Some discs won't work with the camcorder, hard to tell which will and which won't. User guide is poorly written and confusing. Audio recording isn't very good, have a hard time hearing most people.
The Canon DC210 is an affordable, starter DVD camcorder offered by Canon. This camera gives you the image quality you'd expect from Canon with a genuine Canon 35x optical zoom and the performance of DVD technology built in the camera giving you the ability to record directly to DVD.
Loading latest prices from ProductWiki...
It has a very compact size and uses 3" (80cm) DVD-R/-RW discs that are compatible with most DVD players and can store up to 30 minutes in standard mode or 60 minutes in long play. You can also use DVD-R DL (dual layer) discs that can store up to 108 minutes of video. The random access and easy editing lets you quickly browse through your footage and without having to search and you can arrange your shots giving some simple editing abilities, and it can also be used as a still camera. The Canon DC210 weight only 0.88lbs, and has a 0.27" TFT view finder and a 2.7" LCD screen.
- Audio Recording system: Dolby Digital 2ch (AC-3 2 ch)
- Image Sensor: 1/6-inch CCD, approx. 680,000 pixels
- Total Pixels: Approx. 680,000
- Effective Pixels; Movies: approx. 340,000 (4:3)
- Effective Pixels; Movies: approx. 450,000/360,000 (16:9 IS* OFF/ON)
- Effective Pixels; Still Images: approx. 450,000
- Maximum recording time; Single layer: 1.4GB - XP: 20min., SP: 30min., LP: 60min.
- Maximum recording time; Dual Layer: 2.8GB - XP: 36min., SP. 54min., LP: 108min.
- Lens: f = 2.6 - 91 mm, f/2.0 - 5.0, 35x power zoom
- Minimum Illumination: 2 lx (using Night Mode)
- Recommended Illumination: More than 100 lx
- Viewfinder: .27-inch TFT Color, approx. 123,000 pixels
- LCD Screen: 2.7-inch TFT Color, approx. 123,000 pixels
- Recording Media: DVD-R/-RW/-R DL
- Dimensions: 2.1 x 3.5 x 5 in. (154 x90 x128mm)
- Weight (not including lens and battery pack): .88 lbs
User Reviews (1)
can do some minor edits from the camcorder itself to take care of simple things
easy to use, overall very intuitive design
video comes in reasonably sharp and clear in most settings
some discs won't work with the camcorder, hard to tell which will and which won't
user guide is poorly written and confusing
audio recording isn't very good, have a hard time hearing most people
uses a proprietary format that needs to be converted with software that isn't included in order to be edited
can only use miniSD cards for stills
drains batteries really quickly, need to keep spares handy
You may also like...